Sunday, May 15, 2011

Chocolate Leaf Red Velvet Cake



I made this cake for one of my teachers who is a big fan of red velvet cake. Because I prefer to make red velvet cake without fondant, I wanted to do something a little different for decorations so I made chocolate leaves. We have a tree at our house that has leaves that are smooth and perfect for creating chocolate leaves from. To make chocolate leaves, you melt chocolate and apply a layer on the back on the leaf, thick enough it won't crumble when you peel it off. Once the melted chocolate is on, let the leaves cool in the fridge until the chocolate is completely hard. I arranged the chocolate leaves so that I could put a piped rose in the middle. The outside of the cake is pretty simple, jut covered in a cream cheese frosting with a red shell boarder along the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment