Thursday, November 19, 2009

CheckerBoard Cake


My sister and I made this cake for my Mom's Birthday. Unlike many of our other cakes it is not covered in fondant, just chocolate icing. The thing that makes this cake special is its inside. This is called a Checkerboard cake because the chocolate and white cake are alternating. This is relatively difficult to do, especially if you do it without the proper size and shape of cookie cutters. First you create a pattern of 5-10 circles (depending on how small you want each square to be) and cut baked sections of white a chocolate cake. You then assemble then, alternating, so that they look like a target. you stack each layer on top of the next one, alternating so that it looks like a checker board. This sounds pretty complicated, and i'm not very good at explaining it so i'll see if i can post a video demonstrating how to do it. Anyway, hope that you enjoy this cake!

4 comments:

  1. hey Corryn,

    Just wanted to let you know that I'm following your blog, and good luck on the content!

    Just FYI, http://takeastandyouthvoice.blogspot.com is my blog...only if you're interested! I'm starting one on comedy pretty soon. :)

    Got to go, and good luck once again!

    Sincerely,

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha ok i'll go follow it! and thanks for following mine! even though i forced you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol it's really no problem...I know Zach is helping you out on Google Adsense, but if you want to drive some traffic to your blog, I can certainly give you some tips.

    See ya tomorrow!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES i need some help for sure! i did AdSense and got my code and stuff but u'm having trouble getting it into that source code thing and stuff. much help needed. thanks!

    ReplyDelete